Awareness and Training
We want to raise awareness and educate the population on the issue in order to prevent sexual assault.
Awareness and training
We offer awareness workshops to teenagers in West Island high schools, as well as to any organization that wishes to sensitize its clientele or its personnel to the realities of sexual assault.
The West Island CALACS has the expertise to intervene with victims of sexual assault and provides training to community and institutional workers.
Our workshops are free of charge for the community organizations and for West Island schools.
The West Island CALACS can create a workshop or training session tailored to your needs. Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Definition of sexual assault
- Sexual consent
- Different forms of sexual assault
- Myths and realities
- Intervening with survivors
We also offer more specific workshops/trainings such as
- When sexual violence discriminates: Immigrant and racialized women
- Role of the active witness
- Training for staff in higher education
The “Empreinte-Agir ensemble contre les agressions à caractère sexuel program” combines the conditions of effectiveness recognized in the field of sexual violence prevention and the expertise of CALACS. It targets these different levels:
- In-class workshops with students in grade 8 to 10.
- Training for school personnel, teachers and non-teaching staff
- Video clips for parents. You can consult the videos by following this link: https://www.programmeempreinte.com/fr/parents/
If you would like to have more information on our various awareness or training workshops,
we will be happy to answer your questions.